10 Talents App Demo
|Group registration (4+ people):||$90.00|
Registration fee includes price of four meals (Friday lunch, Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner)Register
17-year-old botanist, agriculturalist, plantation manager, and entrepreneur
St. Andrews Church of England
I’m seventeen, and a new transplant to Carolina. I grew up in Antigua and was educated in London; my family moved to the New World last year. My father immediately had to return to Antigua, and put me in charge of his three plantations, all his servants and overseers, and my sick mother and sister. It’s been a lot for a teenage girl to handle, but I’m enjoying the scope...
Which of these do you hope to be involved in over the next ten years?
- Business and Investing
- Medicine, Nutrition, or Health
- Education and Teaching
What things are you working on right now?
- Using our plantations to experiment with developing crops to export to strengthen Carolina’s economy
- Corresponding with major British botanists
- Teaching the slave children on our plantations how to read
- Volunteering my lay legal services to poor friends who need help writing wills and marriage settlements
- Continuing my music lessons
- Encouraging my younger brothers (away at school) in Christian character
What are some things you've done in the past?
Study in London, travel Europe and the West Indies
What are some things you intend to do in the future?
- Hopefully strike gold with one of my experimental crops (I have high hopes for Indigo), and bring enough wealth into the Carolinas to give us a strong economy
- Harvest the plantation of oaks I’ve planted for the time when America needs to build fleets
- Marry and raise a family
Subjects you're interested in
Music, gardening, languages, international affairs, business management, poetry, all things plants
What I'm looking for at this conference
- Collaborators in my work
- Allies and friends
- People to hire
- A mentor
- An apprentice