10 Talents App Demo
|Group registration (4+ people):||$90.00|
Registration fee includes price of four meals (Friday lunch, Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner)Register
A spinster bluestocking with a prolific pen. Got any social causes you need me to promote?
Holy Trinity Church, Clapham
One of five girls born into a poor pastor’s family and raised to teach school, I fell in love with poetry, literature, and theater from a young age. The success of the plays I wrote in my teens and early twenties skyrocketed me into the height of British literary and dramatic society, where I lived and mixed with all my biggest heroes -- and for a while, felt like I had arrived. But I increasingly became disillusioned with the shallowness of what I was doing “for the Lord,” and committed to start serving Him more purposefully. Now I’m trying to dedicate all my time and energies to the causes I believe are most important, using my most influential tool: my pen.
Which of these do you hope to be involved in over the next ten years?
- Fighting Human Trafficking
- Politics and Government
- Scholarship and Research
- Hospitality Ministries
- Business and Investing
- Education and Teaching
- Community Service
What things are you working on right now?
- Working with William Wilberforce on abolishing slavery
- Trying to promote education and start schools for the lower-classes
- Writing Cheap Repository Tracts for the lower-classes
- Collaborating with the Clapham Sect on a variety of social causes
What are some things you've done in the past?
- Teach at a prestigious boarding school for young ladies
- Write (extremely successful) plays
- Move in England’s literary and dramatic society
- Write poems
What are some things you intend to do in the future?
- Make important contributions regarding the education of women
- Use my writing
- whether through poems, ballads, tracts, or books -- to address needs I see in all stratas of society
- Try to redirect the appetite for junk romance novels by writing a compelling Christian novel about choosing a spouse
- Use proceeds from any of my published works to fund causes I think are really important
- Open my home up as a hub for friendships, projects, groups, and causes
Subjects you're interested in
Education of women, manners, literature, politics, poetry, social causes of all kinds
What I'm looking for at this conference
- Collaborators in my work
- Allies and friends